MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
1. The name of the Society is THE BRIMSTONE HILL FORTRESS NATIONAL PARK SOCIETY.
2. The registered office of the Society is at Taylor's Range, Basseterre, St. Kitts.
3. The objects for which the Society is established are:-
(a) To obtain from Government the right to manage and control all that plot piece or parcel of land with the structures thereon known as Brimstone Hill in the Parish of St. Thomas, St. Kitts.
(b) In consultation with the Government, to improve, reinstate, repair and maintain all buildings, fortifications and other structures and works on Brimstone Hill.
(c) To raise funds for the objects hereinbefore set out in any manner that the Society may see fit and to take such steps as may be necessary to promote the widest possible interest in such objects.
(d) To purchase, lease, exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any real and personal estate which may be deemed necessary or convenient for any of the purposes of the Society.
(e) To take any gift of property, whether subject to any special trust or not, for anyone or more of the objects of the Society.
(f) To acquire, accept as a gift or on loan, and loan to other museums or similar organisations any object or artefact for display or for the collection of the Museum at Brimstone Hill.
(g) To take such steps by personal or written appeals, public meetings or otherwise, as may from time to time be deemed expedient for the purpose of procuring contributions to the funds of the Society by way of donations, annual subscriptions or otherwise.
(h) To print and publish any newsletter, magazine, periodical, book or leaflet; and to produce any film or video and to establish and maintain a presence on the Internet; and to engage in any other activity which the Society may think desirable for the promotion of its objects.
(i) To invest any moneys of the Society in such manner as may from time to time be determined.
(j) To do all such other lawful things which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or which the Society may lawfully undertake.
4. The income and property of the Society, whencesoever derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Society; and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the Society. Provided that nothing herein shall prevent the payment, in good faith, of remuneration to any officers, contractors or employees of the Society, or to any members of the Society or to any other person, in return for any services actually rendered to the Society.
8. True accounts shall be kept of the sums of money received and expended by the Society, and the matter in respect of which such receipt and expenditure takes place, and of the property, credits, and liabilities of the Society; and subject to any reasonable restrictions as to the time and manner of inspecting the same that may be imposed in accordance with the regulations of the Society for the time being, shall be open to the inspection of the members. Once at least in every year the accounts of the Society shall be examined, and the correctness of the balance sheet ascertained, by one or more properly qualified auditor or auditors.